Per serving aim:
21g carbs (8.4g of sugars max)
Per serving actual (minus asparagus):
14g carbs (3g of sugar)
3 Large Eggs/Dozen Eggs
2 Good quality Sausages (110g)/1lb sausage meat
1 tsp hemp oil
1 small tomato/4 small tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste + herbs and spices
75g asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/Gas Mark 4.
- Crumble and brown the pork sausage in a frying pan or cast iron skillet.
- In a medium/large bowl scramble eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease the cups of one muffin tin with oil.
- Place equal amounts of browned sausage in the bottoms of the muffin tins.
- Pour the scrambled eggs evenly on top of the sausage. The mixture will come almost to the top of the tin.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the egg muffin from the sides of the pan. (They came out pretty cleanly for us.)
Recipe inspired by: PaleoSpirit